DIEM – Dubrovnik International Economic Meeting is a peer-reviewed academic journal issued by the University of Dubrovnik. DIEM publishes original scientific papers, preliminary communications, reviews and professional papers in the field of economics.
Original scientific papers contain results of original research which have not been previously published. Papers are referred and, once accepted, may not be offered for publication elsewhere.
Preliminary communications contain scientific and professional information which requires rapid publication.
Reviews contain a description of scientific and professional information in a shortened form.
Professional papers contain results of professional research work. These papers are also referred and, once accepted, may not be offered for publication elsewhere.
All DIEM papers are reviewed using a ‘double-blind’ process where identity of neither authors or reviewers is revealed. Authors need to submit two versions of their papers, a ‘full’ one which will be seen only by the handling Editor, and a ‘blinded’ version in which the names and addresses of authors have been removed and any identifying references have been suitably anonymised (the version sent to reviewers).
Submitted papers are first considered by the Editor to whom they were submitted. Papers that do not fall within the scope of DIEM are ‘desk-rejected’. (Those that are borderline may be sent to the member of DIEM Editorial Board who is a specialist on that topic for advice.)
Papers that, while they address DIEM issue, do so in a manner that is more appropriate for publication in other disciplinary journal, may also be desk-rejected (again following specialist advice from an member of DIEM Editorial Board). In addition, papers that fail to meet a minimum threshold for quality and originality will be rejected without being sent out to reviewers.
Papers passing through this initial editorial scrutiny are then typically sent out to two reviewers. If one or more of these turns down the invitation to provide a review, other reviewers will subsequently be appointed. Normally, at least two authoritative reviews are needed before the handling Editor can make a decision as to whether to accept, reject, or ask for a ‘revise and resubmit’ of the submitted paper.
When returning the paper with the accepted reviewer’s suggestions, the authors also have to submit a cover letter stating the changes that have been made in the paper with the page number.
DIEM is published once a year since 2019. The papers must be submitted according to the invitation letter of the DIEM Conference Organizing Committee.
Papers are submitted and published in English.
All authors who wish to publish their papers in this journal should send them to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
DIEM accepts papers presented in the following way:
– Document setup: The full physical page size including all margins will be 166mm x240mm. To facilitate the process a paper template with all the settings preset has been prepared. The template can be downloaded from here.
– The sets of margins: Header: 17mm; Top of main body: 25mm; Bottom: 29mm; Left:25mm; Footer: 16mm
– Use Times New Roman: 10 pts fonts for the main text and all additional parts exceptendnotes and index (where you should use 8pts), and paper headings (see below).All text should be single-spaced. The paper length should be between 5000 thousand words.
– To ensure that there are no extra spaces in the document, use your software’s findand replace command to substitute all double spaces for single spaces. Repeatthis procedure until no double spaces are found.
– The referencing system you use should comply with the Harvard reference systemstyle.(For all further text related issues, consult the Harvard Manual of Style).
– It is recommended that you use JPEG files for producing grayscale images orphotographs with resolution 150 dpi. All images including photographs must beincluded in the main Word or other files submitted.
– Take into account the size of the page when including images (115mm x 180mm). Yourimage will have to be resized if it is too large or too small, and this can proveproblematic in certain cases.
– Call your pictures or illustrations Figure 1. The number refers to the illustration or imagenumber within the manuscript.
– For reference citation in text American Psychological Association citation style (APAstyle) should be followed.
All authors have available Abstract Template and Full Paper Template here: TEMPLATE FOR DOWNLOAD
The editors reserve the right to make the editorial changes and alter the manuscript to suit the style of the journal.